Heart Opening Pose: By Christine Wushke
This pose naturally opens and expands the chest, making this pose an excellent opportunity to practice an open heart meditation. If at anytime during the practice of this meditation you are no longer comfortable in the pose, bend your knees, and roll onto your side and rest for a while.
1. Take 2 folded blankets, and stagger them, so one is on top of the other, and the top blanket is pulled about 2 inches back. Fold the top blanket under at the other end, to make a pillow.
2. Lay on your back with the base of the spine touching the bottom blanket. Let your shoulders roll under and open the front of the chest.
3. Let your body sink into the pose, let your chest open a little more, and soften your breathing. Focus for a few moments on feeling the nourishment in your breath.
4. Imagine that you are floating in a cloud of pure love and nourishment. Use your intuition to guide you as you imagine this cloud fully embracing you. Intend that the nourishment from this cloud is being drawn into the body on each inhale.
5. Take a few moments now to relax further and connect to your sacred heart space, or on a feeling of unconditional love. Continue to connect to the nourishment being drawn into the body as well as the feeling of unconditional love in the heart space, and allow yourself to relax even more. Feel or intend that the love and nourishment is wrapping your body like an embrace. Allow yourself to continue to relax more and more into the heart space. Let your intuition guide you with this meditation as you continue to rest in the heart space for a few more minutes, or click here to be guided in a few more minutes of meditation with Christine.
Benefits: emotionally uplifting, opens the heart center, increases circulation to the heart & lungs, tones and lengthens the spine, releases tension in the shoulders & upper back.
If you enjoyed this article and would like to find out more about the writings of Christine click here .
Christine Wushke is a certified yoga and meditation teacher with over 15 years of experience. Her aim is to create a sacred space for students to effortlessly find the presence of stillness and an inner silence. Christine’s mission is to raise consciousness on the planet by empowering people to realize their own Divinity and to uncover a deep peace within. Christine is committed to assisting you in your journey, and helping you to realize directly for yourself the truth of what you are, and the stillness of truth within. In addition to her yoga and meditation training, Christine is also a registered massage therapist. In the past two years she has studied extensively in the spiritual tradition of Advaita Vedanta. Her teaching style is largely influenced by Iyengar yoga, and the nondual tradition of Advaita.
© written and modeled by Christine Wushke